Monday 2 May 2011

What happened in Ayr… 26th – 29th April

We arrived in Ayr Monday morning at about 11.30. The shortest drive we have as it was only an hour and a half so a pleasant time to look out of the window and marvel and the beauty of creation. That afternoon we spent time worshiping and praying for our team and then went for a BBQ over looking the sea with the family that are hosting us. Gwen – who is our contact – made 2 delicious cakes for us and I happily had a slice of both!


Good news though! I definitely worked off the two slices of cake the following day with a cross country walk and two hours of boxing! We went to a primary school that was practicing for cross country race on the Friday and we were able to walk around the course with them. That evening we went to a boxing club which was set up as an alternative to going out drinking which is just such an awesome idea and so much fun! We were taught different routines of punches and hits and had a time of abs work out afterwards! The day after I think a plank of wood was more flexible then me but hey it was so much fun I would definitely do it again! Watch out world there is going to be a new world champion boxer/DJ!

Our last night we had a pot luck dinner with all the church members and it was a feast! I can safely say if I didn’t eat for a week I would be fine due to all the food I ate in Ayr!

No comments:

Post a Comment